Certified Turnaround Professional - Designate (CTP-D)
CTP-Ds meet both the educational and professional endorsement requirements of certification, yet they have not yet acquired the requisite experience for full CTP certification. Compared to a CTP, reference letters and case studies are not required.
Applicants who are recent university graduates or who are working in the turnaround industry but have not yet acquired all of the necessary work experience are encouraged to pursue the CTP-D certification. This interim step to full certification indicates that the candidate has demonstrated proficiency in the legal, managerial, and financial aspects of a turnaround, and is concurrently working toward the CTP qualification.
Minimum CTP-D requirements
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or at least ten (10) years of experience in executive or senior management, interim management, consulting, loan workout/restructuring, or in the legal or accounting professions or as a business rescue practitioner.
- No experience required.
- Successfully completed written examinations in management, law and finance/accounting prepared and graded by the Academic Subcommittee.
- Attended a course in directorship approved by the Standards Subcommittee.
- After certification, complete at least 50 hours of continuing professional education during each two-year period, including two hours of ethics credit (see Certification maintenance).
- Provide recommendations from three professional peers of the candidate.
- Reveal any pending disciplinary action or prior public discipline, any criminal conviction, any malpractice judgment or admission of malpractice and any refusal, denial or revocation of a license to practice or certification by another professional body.
- Not subject to an order of probation in terms of Section 162(7) of the Companies Act.
- Would not be disqualified from acting as a director of the company under supervision in terms of Section 69(8) of the Companies Act.
- Agree to support and adhere to the Code of Ethics of the Turnaround Management Association.
- Payment of all required fees.
Minimum requirements for a CTP-DBR
As for a CTP(D), plus;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in executive or senior management, interim management, consulting, loan workout/ restructuring, or in the legal or accounting professions or as a business rescue practitioner.